GP Scholars Program
The Geisler Penquite Foundation awarded Central with $5 million for scholarships, committing to $100,000 per year. The gifts will alternate between the Geisler and Penquite Endowed Scholarship Funds. The scholarships will be awarded to juniors and seniors accepted into the teacher preparation program. When completely funded, the gift will support 48-50 renewable scholarships of approximately $5,000 for 12 new students in the elementary and secondary education programs.
The Scholars Program honors students who exemplify our essential values and skills, advocate for future teachers in very direct ways, and work collaboratively to lead in ways that build upon our positive reputation to recruit and prepare exemplary teachers for future generations.
APPLY TODAY FOR THE Spring 2018 GEISLER PENQUITE SCHOLARSHIP!
Elementary, secondary and k-12 education majors, approved to the Teacher Education program, are eligible and encouraged to apply for the Geisler Penquite Foundation Scholarship. Applicants for the 2018 Geisler Penquite Foundation Scholarship must meet all of the following requirements:
- Hold an overall cumulative college GPA of 3.4 or above
- Approval into the Education Program
- Sophomore standing, with two years of school remaining, at time of application (Due to the nature of the scholarship, only sophomore level students may apply.)
- Demonstrate a strong commitment for the teaching profession
- Demonstrate potential to be an active leader in the Geisler Penquite Excellence in Education Program. This might include, but is not required or limited to:
- Volunteer participation in the classroom beyond required field experiences
- Membership of professional organizations for students
- Additional research or involvement in pre-professional activities
- Tutoring or mentoring experiences
- Education club membership and participation
- CTA involvement
- Demonstrate progress in meeting the required InTASC Standards, benchmarks and dispositions of the Central College Teacher Preparation Program.
- Demonstrate strong references from professionals in the field of education
Complete the application and submit required documents via Google Docs as outlined in the application. Applications are due via Google Docs by March 23rd, 2018! Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Please direct any questions about the Geisler Penquite Scholarship to Dr. Jennifer Diers: email@example.com