New Transfer Registration
Steps for Enrolling as a Transfer Student at Central College:
1. Complete the transfer student application procedure.
2. The admissions office will notify you regarding your acceptance to Central.
3. Accepted students will receive an email from the registrar’s office outlining how your courses will transfer to Central. The email includes: a course-by-course transfer credit explanation, program evaluations showing how your courses apply toward the core of general education requirements and your potential major(s), and an overall summary of the number of credits transferred and pending. Course equivalencies from numerous Iowa community colleges are available here. Note: the equivalency guide pertains to Iowa community colleges only and is subject to change.
4. Pay the $200 enrollment deposit to the admission office.
5. Your username and password will be mailed to you via U.S. Postal mail shortly after your enrollment deposit is received. You will need a username and password to access Central’s portal, myCentral. In myCentral you’ll find your Central email, WebAdvisor, announcements, student forms, information about departments, offices, and activities, and much more.
6. The registrar’s office will send you an email with your advisor’s name and contact information. You should then schedule a time to come to campus and meet with your advisor so the two of you can plan your schedule. Be sure to bring your username and password to your meeting so you can login and register for classes while you are with your advisor. Central students register for classes online using WebAdvisor.
Registering for Classes
Once the deposit is paid and you have met with your advisor and received approval, you may register as soon as registration opens for your class. You can view the registration schedule here. For incoming transfer students, class standing is determined by the number of credits that transferred. Class standing is not an indication of how many semesters or years remaining before completion of a degree. Courses currently in progress are not included in this number. You can check your scheduled registration time and holds in WebAdvisor or at Check Registration Time/Holds. Class standing guidelines are as follows:
|Number of credits that have been transferred to Central||Class Standing|
In addition to registering for classes, Webadvisor also gives you access to your academic and financial information. It includes information such as your grades, course schedule, transcript, program evaluation, financial aid award, and account statement.
After your enrollment deposit is paid you will be given access to Central’s student portal, myCentral. Your username and password will be mailed to you via U.S. Postal mail.
Transfer student should also complete the Math and Language Placement exams unless transferring in Math or Language credit.
- complete the math placement process on Go Red. Please note that you may not register for math courses until you’ve completed the placement.
- complete the language placement process on Go Red (for students who have taken a year or more of Spanish, French, or German in high school). Please note that you may not register for language courses until you’ve completed the placement. The exam serves two purposes to help students decide which language course to choose as their first language course in college and possibly to meet the language proficiency requirement for the core curriculum. Students may take the exam one time per language. Students who do not take the exam prior to matriculation must have the exam proctored by a member of the Modern Languages faculty or select designate. Students who need to take the placement exam should contact the chair of the Modern Languages department to schedule a time to take the exam no less than two weeks prior to the start of registration.
Transfer Student Admission Counselor
1st floor, Central Hall
2nd floor, Central Hall
Director of Financial Aid
2nd Floor, Central Hall
Transfer Student Dean
Central Hall 204
Class Dean of 2019
Maytag Student Cntr 210D
Class Dean of 2020
Maytag Student Cntr 210A
Class Dean of 2021
Maytag Student Cntr 210B
Class Dean of 2022
Maytag Student Cntr 210C