New Student Registration & Orientation
2018 Summer Registration and Orientation is June 13, 14, 15 and July 16,17.
Summer Registration and Orientation is a great opportunity for students to get acquainted with the campus, faculty, staff, and of course, their future classmates. It is also a time for students to register for their fall classes. For information on registering for an orientation session, visit the admission office orientation website.
Incoming transfer students who cannot attend orientation should visit this website for registration information. The information below is primarily for first-year students.
Information for students who are unable to attend
It is highly recommended that students register for an on campus orientation session, but we do understand that some schedule conflicts are unavoidable. New first-year students who are unable to attend orientation may register at another time with the class dean, either by appointment on campus or by phone/ video chat. Before registering for classes students should:
- complete the math placement process on Go Red. Please note that you may not register for math courses until you’ve completed the placement.
- complete the language placement process on Go Red (for students who have taken a year or more of Spanish, French, or German in high school). Please note that you may not register for language courses until you’ve completed the placement.
- Contact your high school and ask them to send your final high school transcript showing the date your diploma was received. High School transcripts should be mailed to Central College Admission Office, 812 University Street, Pella, Iowa 50219.
- If you received college credit while in high school, contact the college who awarded the credit and ask the registrar’s office at that institution to send an official transcripts to Central College Admission Office, 812 University Street, Pella, Iowa 50219. College credit cannot be transferred from a high school transcript so an official transcript from the college is required.
- make sure all areas on your Go Red account are complete.
1. When you are ready to begin the registration process, contact the class deans’ office at 641-628-5248 to arrange a time for you to work with Dr. Mark Mills, the Dean for the Class of 2022. Plan for approximately one hour to complete this process and if you are home, you will need access to a computer and internet connection.
3. You will receive your Central username and password via U.S. Postal Mail. The envelope will be marked “Confidential”. Go Red usernames and passwords will not work in WebAdvisor. Do not lose this!
4. Use the searchable schedule to view the fall course offerings.
5. After helping you create your schedule, your class dean will guide you through the online self-registration process in WebAdvisor.
- Registration Worksheet
- First Year schedule
- Degree Requirement Checklist
- FERPA Brochure
- LAS-110 Intersections
- Common Reading Flyer
- Textbook Information
- Central College Information Links
- Student Employment Information
- Athletic Forms