New Student Registration & Orientation
Summer Registration and Orientation is June 13, 14, 15 and July 16,17, 2018
Summer Registration and Orientation is a great opportunity for students to get acquainted with the campus, faculty, staff, and of course, their future classmates. It is also a time for students to register for their fall classes. For information on registering for an orientation session, visit the admission office orientation website.
Incoming transfer students who cannot attend orientation should visit this website for registration information. The information below is primarily for first-year students.
Information for students who are unable to attend
It is highly recommended that students register for an on campus orientation session, but we do understand that some schedule conflicts are unavoidable. First-year students who are unable to attend orientation will register either by appointment on campus or by phone with the 2020 Class Dean, Eric Jones, after the final orientation session. Before registering for classes students should complete these tasks:
- Take the math placement exam. (required of all students)
- Students who have taken a year or more of Spanish, French, or German in high school must complete the language placement exam.
- Contact your high school and ask them to send your final high school transcript showing the date your diploma was received. High School transcripts should be mailed to Central College Admission Office, 812 University Street, Pella, Iowa 50219.
- If you received college credit while in high school, contact the college who awarded the credit and ask them to send an official transcript to Central College Admission Office, 812 University Street, Pella, Iowa 50219. College credit cannot be transferred from a high school transcript so an official transcript from the college is required.
- Check your goCentral checklist to make sure all areas are complete.
- Receive your username and password for WebAdvisor via U.S. Postal Mail. GoCentral usernames and passwords will not work in WebAdvisor.
- Complete the Registration Worksheet.
1. Once you have completed the steps above and have your WebAdvisor username and password, call the 2021 Class Dean, Leslie Duinink, to make an appointment to come to campus or for phone registration. You may call 641-628-5248 to schedule that appointment. Plan for a minimum of one hour to complete this process and if you are at home, you will need access to a computer and internet connection. If you are registering by phone, please take some time to familiarize yourself with the step-by-step registration guide or the registration video.
3. After deciding your schedule, your class dean will guide you through the online self-registration process in WebAdvisor.
- Registration Worksheet
- First Year schedule
- Degree Requirement Checklist
- FERPA Brochure
- Grant Access to My Educational Records
- LAS-110 Intersections
- Common Reading Flyer
- Textbook Information
- Central College Information Links
- Student Employment Information
- Athletic Forms