Central’s Online Store – On The Web
Central College participates with Microsoft in a college campus agreement. This agreement allows us to offer students attending Central College the following software packages with no charge. Faculty and staff may obtain the software to work from home for a nominal fee. We have licensed Office 365 for students, faculty and staff. This license allows the user to download the software or to use the online version of Office. For more information about Microsoft products, navigate to www.office365.com.
- Microsoft Office 2019 – for PCs and Macs
- Microsoft Office 2016 Professional Plus – for computers using Windows operating systems – version 7, 8.1 or 10 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Access, and others)
- Microsoft Office 2016 for computers – using the Mac operating system (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 32 bit or 64 bit versions available
- Microsoft Windows 10 32 bit or 64 bit versions available
Students click here, and choose eAcademy: https://student.central.edu.
Faculty and Staff click here, and choose eAcademy: https://ww2.central.edu
Hints from ITS Help Desk:
- Remove old or preloaded versions of Office before downloading and installing the new version
- Save the download file and activation key on a device other than the one you are working on for later use – ITS does not have access to your product key. If you need to reload the software, and you didn’t save the download and/or activation key, you’ll need to pay an Access Retrieval Fee.
- The activation key looks like this: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx (We have a new license arrangement, and there may not be a product key – so don’t be alarmed if you don’t see one!)
- The download for Windows might be an upgrade version. You can contact Kivuto Solutions at 888-396-1447 to check to see if the version you want is the full version or an upgrade. You need to create a DVD that is a bootable DVD to install Windows. The file type you’ll need is an ISO file. There are several free, online programs that will create an ISO file.
- If your hard drive does not have an existing copy of Windows, you’ll need to download a full version rather than an upgrade. Call Kivuto Solutions, 888-396-1447 to verify the Windows you want is the full version.
- Some Mac users need to remove the restriction limiting downloads from other non-Apple sites (Preferences –> Security)
The ITS Help Desk staff encourages students to download and install Microsoft software on their own. The Kivuto support team is very helpful if students run into problems!
The license agreement we have with Microsoft enables students to receive one free copy of a version of software. The students have 30 days after the download to copy the download to another device for backup and to record the product key. IF the student must reload the software after the 30 days, and they didn’t save the software or the product key initially, then an Access Retrieveal Fee is required to gain access to the software and the product key. This fee is paid online and is generally around $15.
While students are attending Central College, the license agreement to use Microsoft Office products is free through graduation. Upon graduation, a grace period extends for 30 days to give the student the option to purchase a subscription for themselves.
The same license agreement allows faculty and staff to use Microsoft software for their personally owned computer. Faculty and staff download the software, and pay for the software online. The fee has varied, but is usually around $13.
The phone number for Kivuto Solutions is 888-396-1447.