How To: Connect Mobile & Gaming Devices
Most devices requiring Wi-Fi services are allowed onto the network at Central College. These include mobile phones, tablets, and gaming devices. Connecting these devices may require using a specialized, separate campus network. This network information is exclusively available to Central College users. Click here to view the network details.
Note: This information is hosted on myCentral and therefore requires you to sign in using your Central user ID.
Click here for instructions on connecting iPods, iPhones, iPads, etc.
Android & Other Mobile Devices
If you would like to connect your mobile phone, tablet, or other mobile device to Central’s Wi-Fi, these directions should apply for most devices. (Some versions of Android phones may run into problems with Central’s Wi-Fi.)
The first thing you should do:
- Open your device’s Wi-Fi settings.
- Your device should automatically detect the private network “airCentral.”
- Select “airCentral,” and choose Connect.
- This should open a settings menu that looks something like this:
- Replicate the top 3 setting options on your device (PEAP and MSCHAPV2, with the CA Certificate being unspecified.
- In the Identity field, enter your Central username. Leave “Anonymous identity” blank.
- In the Password field, enter your Central password.
- Hit Save. Your phone should attempt to connect to airCentral. This may take a moment.
Gaming Devices – NEW METHOD OF CONNECTING – JANUARY 28, 2019
Gaming devices, streaming devices, or Smart Tvs – Change your connection by January 28, 2019. Click here to find out how.
Although gaming devices, streaming devices, and Smart Tvs are supported on Central’s network, please consult with your vendor before calling the ITS Help Desk. While the ITS Help Desk strives to help those who ask for it, gaming problems tend to rank behind email issues, computer connectivity issues, problems directly relating to students school work, and faculty or staff concerns.