How to: Open W2/1098 forms and other PDF documents
If you elected to receive your W-2 or 1098-T via WebAdvisor and you are unable to open the document, here’s some helpful information. These forms come in PDF format, which requires you to have a PDF reader application. Additionally, the form opens as a pop-up. The default settings in most web browsers block pop-ups, so you may have to adjust your settings. More details about PDF readers and adjusting pop-up blocker settings are listed below. Look under the name of the browser that you are using for more information. If you need additional help after following these instructions, please contact the Help Desk at x7010 or (641) 628-7010.
Internet Explorer (PC)
In order to open the PDF in Internet Explorer, you’ll need to have Adobe Reader installed. (Look for Adobe Reader heading for more information.)
By default, Internet Explorer displays pop-ups that appear as a result of you clicking a link or button. Pop-up Blocker blocks pop-ups that are displayed automatically (without you clicking a link or button). If you want to allow a specific website to display automatic pop-ups, follow these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools button, click Pop-up Blocker, and then click Pop-up Blocker Settings.
- Look for an entry labeled, *.central.edu
- If that entry does not exist: In the Address of website to allow box, type the address *.central.edu and then click Add.
- Click Close.
Google Chrome (PC and Mac)
Google Chrome has a built-in PDF reader, so no additional software is required.
Google Chrome prevents pop-ups from automatically appearing and cluttering your screen. Whenever the browser blocks pop-ups for a site, the icon appears in the address bar. Click the icon to see the pop-ups that have been blocked or to manage pop-up settings for the site.
See pop-ups for a specific site:
To see blocked pop-ups for a site, follow the steps listed below:
- If pop-ups have been blocked, you’ll see the icon in the address bar. Click the icon to see a list of the blocked pop-ups.
- Click the link for the pop-up window that you’d like to see.
- To always see pop-ups for the site, select “Always show pop-ups from [site].” The site will be added to the exceptions list, which you can manage in the Content Settings dialog.
To manually allow pop-ups from all of Central College’s sites, follow the steps below:
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- in the “Privacy” section, click the Content settings button.
- In the “Pop-ups” section, click Manage exceptions.
- Type [*.]central.edu for the Hostname pattern and set the Behavior to Allow.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
- Close the Settings tab.
Firefox (PC and Mac)
In order to open the PDF in Firefox on a PC, you’ll need to have Adobe Reader installed. (Look for Adobe Reader heading for more information.) If you are using a Mac, you should be able to open the PDF using the Preview application.
1. At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button (Tools menu in Windows XP) and then click Options (PC) or Preferences (Mac).
2. Select the Content panel.
3. Click the Exceptions button (This is a list of sites that you want to allow to display pop-ups.)
4. Enter *.central.edu and click Allow.
5. Click Close.
6. Click OK.
You should be able to open the PDF using the Preview application.
To allow pop-ups:
- In Safari, go to the Safari menu and click “Preferences.”
- Click the “Security” heading.
- Uncheck “Block pop-up windows.”
- Quit and restart Safari.
Adobe Reader is needed to open the PDF on PCs when you are using Internet Explorer or Firefox as your web browser.
Not sure if Adobe Reader is installed? Click Start > All Programs and look for Adobe Reader. If you don’t find it, it’s probably not installed. Directions for installing it follow.
IMPORTANT! Before downloading the install file, uncheck any options offering to install extra software, such as McAfee Security Scan Plus, etc.
Get Adobe Reader here: http://www.adobe.com/go/getreader
After installing Adobe Reader, you will need to restart your web browser in order for the Adobe Reader plugin to work. You may also be prompted to allow the plugin, in which case you should allow it.