Celestial Entities

September 29, 2020

Ryan Bredlau is exhibiting his ceramic work in the Mills Gallery from Sept. 25th through Oct. 16th. Bredlau received his BA in Art from Central College in 2005. After taking graduate classes at the University of Iowa, Ryan attended Lindenwood University in St. Charles, Missouri, and earned a master’s degree in fine arts in 2010 with a focus in ceramics and sculpture.

During and after graduate school, Bredlau worked for several companies outside St. Louis as an artisan in bronze and cast iron. In 2011, he moved to Fort Wayne, Indiana, where he was a studio technician and adjunct professor of studio art for four years at the University of St. Francis. Currently Bredlau is the studio technician at St. Charles Community College in St. Charles, Missouri

“The heart of my work has always been centered on the human condition and, more specifically, my own condition. As viewers, we can identify with what it means to be human and the everyday chaos that comes with our daily lives. The creation process is a source of therapy. Through this process of making and self-discovery, I try to connect with the frustration, amusement, disgust, happiness, and pain that I feel internally and that is present in our society/popular culture.”