“I interview a hundred prospective students a year for entry level management positions in operations, engineering, and accounting, and you can always tell the student who has flourished in the small college liberal arts environment apart from the big school student. The small college liberal arts environment has allowed them the opportunity to be involved in sports, clubs and organizations. To be involved and be successful, they’ve had to master critical life skills such as time management, teamwork, and leadership all of which help them to get off to a successful start in their professional careers. Personally, I look back upon my liberal arts education and Central experiences and know that together they provided me all the tools I’ve needed to be successful.”
–Mark Coffey ’85, General Manager, Hormel Foods Operations, Austin, MN
The Department includes:
with interdiscplinary majors in
Graduate Placement Rates (employment and graduate education) for 2006 – 2008:
- Accounting: 100% placement rate!
- Business Management: 96% placement rate!
- Economics: 100% placement rate!
Source: Central College Career Services
Off-Campus Study Programs
- 49% (52/117) of our 2007 and 2008 graduates studied abroad or in the Chicago program.
- 28 of our 2009 graduates studied abroad or in the Chicago program.
- 26 of our 2010 graduates studied abroad or in the Chicago program.
Source: Central College Career Services and Central College Study Abroad
CPA Exam Performance
- 80% of Central graduates passed all CPA exam sections they took in 2007.
- This is the highest pass rate in the state of Iowa (based on a minimum of five graduates sitting for the exam.)
Source: Candidate Performance on the Uniform CPA Examination, published by the National State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA)
Internships (only reflects internships completed for academic credit).
- Between 2001 – 07, 50% (154 of 306) of EAM majors completed at least one internship prior to graduation.
- Between 2001 – 07, approximately 16% (52 of 306) of our students complete more than two internships.