Student Advisory Board
The Upward Bound Student Advisory Board (SAB) is comprised of peer-selected UB participants and provides an opportunity for elected representatives to develop personal leadership skills while working to develop the Upward Bound community.
Responsibilities of the elected SAB members may include, but not limited to:
- Leadership Development – Participate in various leadership development opportunities during the summer program and throughout the academic year.
- Mentorship – Serve as mentors for newly admitted students to the program. Model UB values and spirit, as well as serve as resource and guide as new students learn about UB programs and activities.
- Student Perspective on Program Development – Serve as student representatives/liaisons to UB administrative staff for program development and student issues for program improvement.
Student Advisory Board Members Positions
- Pravash Adhikari (Lincoln)
- Sandra Sandoval (North)
- Taysia Young (Hoover)
- Ashley Angel (Lincoln)
- Pramila Biswa (Lincoln)
- Raysaun Ford (Roosevelt)
- Asmita Gajmer (Lincoln
- Marisol Herrera-Simon (East)
- Isacc Keopaseuth (North)
- Joshua Nichols (Hoover)
- Thu Pham (Hoover)
- Daniela Pintor-Mendoza (Hoover)
- Tae’Shaun Presswood (Hoover)
- Miguel Marcelino