New Student Registration & Orientation
2024 Summer Registration and Orientation is April 24 and 25, June 12, 13, 14 and July 16.
Summer Registration and Orientation is a great opportunity for students to get acquainted with the campus, faculty, staff, and of course, their future classmates. It is also a time for students to register for their fall classes. For information on registering for an orientation session, visit the admission office orientation website.
Incoming transfer students who cannot attend orientation should visit this website for registration information. The information below is primarily for first-year students.
Information for students who are unable to attend
It is highly recommended that students register for an on campus orientation session, but we do understand that some schedule conflicts are unavoidable. New first-year students who are unable to attend orientation may register at another time with the class dean, either by appointment on campus or by phone/ video chat. Before registering for classes students should:
- Complete the math assessment process on the New Student Portal. Please note that you may not register for math courses until you’ve completed the assessment.
- If you have taken a year or more of Spanish, French or German in high school, or have prior experience with a language, you will need to complete the language assessment after arriving to campus. Contact the chair of the Language, Literature and Communication department to schedule a time to complete the language assessment on a proctored basis with a language faculty member or designate.
- Students who have studied a modern language other than French, German, or Spanish, may contact the chair of the Language, Literature and Communication department to determine options.
- Contact your high school and ask them to send your final high school transcript showing the date your diploma was received. High School transcripts should be mailed to Central College Admission Office, 812 University Street, Pella, Iowa 50219.
- If you received college credit while in high school, contact the college who awarded the credit and ask the registrar’s office at that institution to send an official transcripts to Central College Admission Office, 812 University Street, Pella, Iowa 50219. College credit cannot be transferred from a high school transcript so an official transcript from the college is required. A hold for subsequent registration will be placed until the final official transcript is received.
1. When you are ready to begin the registration process, contact the class deans’ office at 641-628-5253 to arrange a time for you to work with a Class Dean. Plan for approximately one hour to complete this process and if you are home, you will need access to a computer and internet connection.
2. Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the Student Planning step-by-step registration guide.
3. Your student login information for email and the my.Central student portal will be provided to you. In my.Central you’ll find your Central email, Self- Service Student Planning, announcements, student forms, information about departments, offices, and activities, and much more.
4. Use the searchable schedule to view the fall course offerings.
5. After helping you create your schedule, your class dean will guide you through the online self-registration process in Self Service Student Planning.
- Registration Worksheet
- First Year schedule
- FERPA Brochure
- CIV-110 First Year Seminar
- Textbook Information
- Central College Information Links
- Athletic Forms